Friday, January 16, 2009

The Frozen Tundra we call home

Before Dan and I moved down here, I was reassured that Indiana winters were no where in comparison as bad is Michigan winters...until Dan and I moved down here...Apparently, this year Indiana is experiencing a winter that surpasses all others. Let me illustrate for you...our high yesterday was -2 degrees.... NEGATIVE TWO DEGREES!!!!!!!!!! That does not even include wind chill which was -35 degrees...yes you saw that correctly NEGATIVE THIRTY FIVE!!! At least Dan didn't have school yesterday. Of course, I didn't have it today and he did-but his school is to the point where they would have to add days at the end of the school year.

I like to describe our city as the frozen tundra...flat, windy, and FRIGID. The weatherman even described the temperature as BRUTAL today- BRUTAL!!! It was SO cold this morning that our car didn't start. I guess that's what happens in -17 degree temperatures...If any of you have a spare $500 PLEASE send me to the wonderful California. I need to thaw out!

The only redeeming fact is that the sun is shinning. Needless to say, this does NOTHING for the temperature--but it sure makes Jennifer a little easier to deal with :)

Here's some pictures of my schools playground yesterday:
Beautiful, I know...Rumor has it a heat wave is coming through and we might reach 20 degrees on Saturday-then 35 degrees next week!!! Let's pray that heat wave comes.

Until next time,

God Bless

No comments: